Wikimedia Movement Strategy
From Faster Than 20
|This is a Work-In-Progress. Feel free to edit!|
- The biggest challenge with networks is enrollment
- Build a strong container. Wiki + ground rules. Transparency. Other mediums to contribute. Encouraged forking.
- Start engaging immediately. Don't wait to listen.
- Co-creation, not feedback
- Listen, put a stake in the ground, move forward. Constant forward movement.
- Constantly build trust and relationships. Respond to everything. Relational office hours.
- Always be synthesizing
- Design for emergence. Forking is good.
- Capacity-building approach. Don't just ask for feedback. Build strategic muscles.
- Leverage attention to seed productive engagement
- Challenges of client- and partner-management and importance of self-care and having a strong, cohesive team
- Invest more in storytelling
- Importance of holding the vision. Philippe said over and over again how critical of a role I played in this regard. How do you support others in holding that vision with you?
- Slow down, and invest in capacity-building
- In retrospect, would have spent more time in culture + visioning